Makes 12 cookies.
130g self-raising flour
¾ tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
60g coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
45g tahini, well-stirred
1 tsp vanilla extract
120g light brown sugar
100g chocolate chips
Flaked sea salt, to top
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, tahini, water, and vanilla. Then add in the sugar and mix until evenly combined.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in all of the chocolate chunks.
5. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 175°C and line two baking trays with parchment paper. Portion the cookie dough into 12 balls and place 6 on each baking tray.
7. Bake one pan at a time for 12 minutes, until the edges have set but the centres are still gooey. Remove from the oven then sprinkle some flaked sea salt onto the cookies.
8. Let the cookies cool until they are firm.
Recipe developed from hummingbirdhigh.