Sweet potato brownies
Makes approx 6-10 servings depending on tray size. My tray is 23 x 20cm and I managed to make 6 servings.
1 large sweet potato, cooked and peeled
2/3 cup oat flour (or sub all purpose)
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter (or use any other nut butter)
1/4 cup dates (soaked in hot water for 10 min)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Chopped nuts (I used pecan)
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C and prepare a parchment lined baking tray.
2. Add the sweet potato, dates, maple syrup, vanilla, olive oil and peanut butter into a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Transfer to a bowl and add the cocoa powder, salt, chocolate chips and baking powder and give it a good mix.
4. Add the oat flour and mix until a thick batter is achieved.
5. Transfer to the baking tray and spread into an even layer.
6. Add the toppings and bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool then serve!
Recipe developed from minimalistbaker.