Stuffed PBJ banana sweet potatoes
Makes two servings.
For the sweet potato
2 sweet potatoes
1 banana, sliced
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon or 2 tsp ground almonds
For the strawberry chia jam
1 cup cherries (or any other berry)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Wash your sweet potatoes then transfer to a baking tray. Prick the sweet potato all over with a fork then bake for around 40-50 minutes, until tender.
3. Whilst the sweet potato is cooking, heat the cherries in a saucepan over medium-high heat until they begin to break down. Use a fork to mash the cherries to your desired consistency, then turn off the heat.
4. Add the chia seeds, maple syrup and lemon juice and stir until evenly combined. Transfer to a small bowl and cool in the fridge to allow to thicken until the sweet potato has cooked and cooled slightly.
5. Once the sweet potato has cooled, split the top open with a knife.
6. Stuff the sweet potato with peanut butter, and cherry chia jam. Top with the sliced bananas, and sprinkle over some cinnamon and ground almonds.
Recipe developed from rainbowplantlife.