S'mores cookie bars
Makes approx 9 servings (I used a 20 x 20 cm tray).
113g vegan butter (melted)
170g brown sugar
220g plain flour
43ml plantbased milk (I used soy)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
50g chopped chocolate
75g vegan mini marshmallows (or chopped up large marshmallows)
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a 20 x 20 cm baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Into a large bowl, add the melted butter, vanilla, milk and brown sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Into the bowl, sieve in the flour, then add in the salt and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Into the baking tin, add 2/3 of of the cookie dough mixture and evenly spread. Add half of the chopped chocolate and marshmallows on top.
5. Add the rest of the cookie dough mixture into the tray and evenly spread. Add the remaining chocolate and marshmallows on top.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown.
7. Let cool for 15 minutes then serve!
Recipe developed from NoraCooks.