S'mores brownie bites
Fits one 23x13cm (9x5 inch) tin. If you're having to substitute tins, try to use one closest size.
125g digestive biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 tbsp salt
A pinch of sea salt
85g self raising flour
28g cocoa powder
65g brown sugar
65g caster sugar
80ml vegan buttermilk (7ml lemon juice + 73ml soy milk)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
8 large marshmallows, chopped
8 large marshmallows (I used the Plant Kitchen vegan marshmallows)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 9x5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhanging on both sides so the brownie can be lifted out easily.
2. To a food processor, add the digestive biscuits, sugar and salt. Pulse until fine crumb consistency.
3. Melt the butter (70g) in a microwave, then add to the food processor. Pulse until the crumbs start to clump.
4. Transfer the crumb mix into the tin and press down firmly to make the base even and compact.
5. Prepare the vegan buttermilk by adding 7ml lemon juice to 73ml soy milk in a cup. Allow to sit for a few minutes to curdle.
6. Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large bowl. Add in the brown and caster sugar and mix together.
7. Melt the butter (80g) in a microwave then add to the bowl, along with the vanilla and vegan buttermilk. Mix well to form a thick batter.
8. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 10 second pulses then add to the bowl, along with the chopped marshmallows.
9. Pour the batter into the baking tin (on top of the digestive base) then place in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes until a knife inserted into the centre of the brownie comes out clean.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin for at least an hour.
11. Remove the cake from the tin then place the large marshmallows on top of the brownie. Place under a grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute until golden brown (pay close attention to the marshmallows as they will burn very quickly!!!!!!)
12. Slice then serve!
Brownie recipe developed from lovingitvegan.
Biscuit base developed from emmaduckworthbakes.