Roasted chickpea and avocado toast
Makes one large portion.
1 tsp hot paprika
3 tsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 medium avocado
2 slices of bread (toasted)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 whole birds eye chili / chilli flakes (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Rinse the chickpeas then pat dry using kitchen paper.
3. To a lined baking tray, add the dry chickpeas, paprika, olive oil, and sea salt. Mix well, ensuring all the chickpeas are evenly coated.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until sizzling.
5. When the chickpeas are ready, toast your bread.
6. Make the guacamole by adding the avocado, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mash using a fork. Adjust to your taste.
7. Scoop the avocado onto the bread and spread evenly. Add the roasted chickpeas on top.
8. Sprinkle with thyme, and if required, some additional sea salt and pepper. You could also add some chilli flakes to give it the extra kick!