Makes two large servings.
For the curry:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tsp curry powder (use less if you don't like too much spice!)
500g pumpkin, peeled and chopped. KEEP THE SEEDS!
250ml coconut milk
140ml veggie stock
30g frozen spinach
For the pumpkin seeds:
½ cup fresh pumpkin seeds
1tsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp sea salt
400ml veggie stock
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. To a small pot, add the rice and veggie stock. Heat over medium heat for around 12 minutes.
3. While the rice is cooking, add the olive oil, along with the frozen spinach, onion and garlic to another pot. Fry for a couple of minutes until soft and fragrant.
4. Add the curry powder to the pot and cook for another minute or two.
5. Add the pumpkin to the pot, as well as the coconut milk and veggie broth. Let simmer for around 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the pumpkin seeds. Wash the pumpkin seeds and dry them well by patting them with kitchen paper.
7. Transfer the pumpkin seeds to a bowl and add the olive oil, maple syrup and sea salt. Stir well.
8. Spread the pumpkin seeds onto a prepared baking sheet, then roast in the oven for 8-9 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Remove the pumpkin seeds from the oven and set aside for a few minutes to allow them to cool down.
10. By this time the pumpkin (in the curry) should be soft. Remove from the heat.
11. Drain any excess water from the rice.
12. Serve your curry with rice, and top with the roasted pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
Recipe developed from lovingitvegan.