Makes roughly 8 pancakes.
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
180ml plant based milk
1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds and 3 tbsp hot water)
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
A pinch of salt
Butter to fry
Purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red gel food colouring
1. Prepare the chia egg by mixing together 1 tbsp chia seeds and 3 tbsp hot water and allow to sit for a few minutes to become gloopy.
2. To a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
3. Add in the milk, chia egg, coconut oil and mix.
4. Over medium heat, heat up a pan and lightly grease with butter. The pan should be very hot before pouring in the first batch of batter!
5. Divide the batter into six bowls (there should be roughly 1/4 cup in each), and put a few drops of each of the colours into each bowl.
6. Melt some butter in the pan then spoon in the different coloured batters. If it helps, cook the pancakes one colour at a time.
7. When edges are dry and bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip over and cook for another couple of minutes. Cook until both sides are browned / golden.
8. Stack the pancakes in the following order: it should be purple, then blue, green, yellow, orange then red.
9. Serve with some fruit and melted chocolate!