Maple ginger tofu
Makes approx 2 servings.
2 tbs corn starch
2 tbs coconut oil (plus extra to fry)
4 tbs maple syrup
1 tbs ginger (I used a paste)
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Press the tofu around an hour before cooking to allow all the water to drain- this is an important step to ensure the tofu becomes crispy!
2. Preheat the oven to 205°C
3. Slice the tofu into small cubes.
4. Toss the tofu in the cornstarch to evenly coat all cubes.
5. Over a medium heat, heat some coconut oil in a pan then add in the coated tofu, turning a few times until all sides turn golden.
6. In a bowl or blender add the maple syrup, coconut oil, ginger, apple cider vinegar, and garlic powder, and mix/blend until smooth.
7. Transfer the tofu into a bowl and pour the sauce over it to coat all cubes evenly (dont get rid of the remaining sauce!).
8. Transfer the tofu into a baking tray and pour what’s left of the sauce over the cubes.
9. Bake for 15 minutes (or until the sauce is bubbling).
I served it with some veggies and noodles, topped it with some sesame seeds, and a squeeze of lime!