Makes 12 small doughnuts.
For the doughnuts:
190g all-purpose flour
2tsp baking powder
180ml soy milk
1tsp lemon extract
7tbsp melted vegan butter
Zest of one lemon
For the glaze:
300g icing sugar
90ml lemon juice (roughly two lemons)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease two doughnut trays. Set aside.
2. Into a large mixing, sift in the flour. Add the sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
3. Add in the soy milk, lemon extract and melted butter and mix well, removing any lumps.
4. Transfer the doughnut batter into a piping bag and evenly pipe it into the doughnut trays.
5. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before making the glaze.
7. To make the glaze, mix together the lemon juice and icing sugar in a shallow bowl. If it is too thick, add more lemon juice. If it is too thin, add more icing sugar.
8. Dip the doughnut tops in the glaze.
9. Top with lemon zest and serve!
Recipe developed from lovingitvegan.