Jammie dodger slices
Makes approx 9 servings (I used a 20 x 23cm tin).
250g all-purpose flour
200g brown sugar
3 chia eggs (3 tbsp chia seeds + 9 tbsp hot water)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
40g mini marshmallows or vegan white choc (optional)
2 tbsp strawberry jam
9 mini jammie dodger biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to180C and line a 20 x 23cm baking tin with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhanging on both sides so the cake can be lifted out easily.
2. Prepare the chia eggs by mixing together 3 tbsp chia seeds and 9 tbsp hot water in a bowl. Set aside until it becomes gloopy.
3. In a large pan, melt the sugar and butter. Mix well then set aside.
4. Into a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
5. Pour the melted sugar and butter into the bowl with the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder and salt).
6. Add in the chia eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
7. Add the mini marshmallows (or white choc), and mix thoroughly.
8. Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking tin and ensure it is spread into an even layer.
9. Drop the jam over the top and using a knife, make swirly patterns all around the top of the batter.
10. Place the mini jammie dodgers on top, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden.
11. Let cool in the tin for a couple of hours before cutting into squares and serving! Enjoy!