Classic french toast
Makes enough for approximately 3 slices of bread.
120 ml plant based milk (i used soy)
2 tbsp gram flour (or sub all purpose flour)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch of kala namak salt (or sub normal salt)
butter (to fry)
1. In a bowl, add the milk and the gram flour and mix until smooth.
2. Add the nutritional yeast, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix.
3. Heat up a pan with some butter.
4. Cut the slices of bread in half and soak each piece in the batter for a few seconds on each side.
5. Place on the pan with the melted butter and let cook until browned on each side.
6. Serve with fruit, maple syrup and some powdered sugar!