Chocolate chip oat pancakes with caramelised banana
Makes one serving.
1 cup oats
2-4 tbsp sweetener (I used maple syrup)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup plant based milk (I used soy)
Coconut oil to fry
Handful of chocolate chips
For the caramelised banana:
1 medium banana
1 tbsp sugar
1. Add the oats to a blender and blend until it reaches flour consistency.
2. Add in the banana, sweetener, vanilla, baking powder, and milk and blend to form a smooth batter. Then, add in the chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
3. Heat up a pan over medium heat and grease lightly with coconut oil. The pan should be very hot before pouring in the batter!
4. Spoon in some of the batter (about 1/4 cup) into the pan and cook for a 3-4 minutes.
5. When edges are dry and bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip over and cook for another couple of minutes. Set pancakes aside
7. To make the caramelised banana, heat the sugar in the pan over medium heat. Cut the banana in half across the width and place cut side down on the pan. Heat until golden brown and sticky on one side then flip, and do the same with the other side.
8. Stack the pancakes with bananas in between every few layers.
9. Add the toppings and serve!
I topped mine with some almonds and brazil nuts, as well as some extra chocolate and maple syrup.