Chocolate chip banana bread
Makes approximately 9 servings (I used a 23 x 20cm baking tray instead of a loaf tin).
1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia + 3 tbsp hot water)
100g caster sugar
100g brown sugar
10g baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
300g banana (peeled + chopped)
120ml plant based milk (I used soy)
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
150g chocolate chips (if you don't have any chocolate chips, you can make them yourself by simply chopping up some chocolate- they don't have to be perfect!)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease your baking tray (or loaf tin) and line the bottom with parchment paper.
3. Prepare the chia egg and allow it to sit for a few minutes until it becomes gloopy.
4. Into a large bowl, sift the flour then add the brown and white sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
5. To a blender jug, add the bananas, milk, and melted coconut oil, then blend for around 5 seconds. Don't overblend!!
6. Add the blended ingredients to the dry ingredients, then add in the chia egg. Mix until evenly combined.
7. Add in the chocolate and mix evenly.
8. Pour the batter into the baking tray (or loaf tin) and evenly spread out.
9. Bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe developed from lovingitvegan.