Chocolate banana french toast
Makes enough for approximately 3 slices of bread.
120 ml plant based milk (i used soy)
2 tbsp gram flour (or sub all purpose flour)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of kala namak salt (or sub normal salt)
butter (to fry)
1 banana (sliced)
As many blocks of chocolate as you like
1. In a bowl, add the milk and the gram flour and mix until smooth.
2. Add the nutritional yeast, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix.
3. Heat up a pan with some butter. The pan should be hot!
4. Cut the slices of bread in half and soak each piece in the batter for a few seconds on each side.
5. Place on the pan with the melted butter and let cook until browned. Flip and place some chocolate on top of the cooked side to allow it to melt (I just cut up some blocks of chocolate and put on top)
6. Serve with sliced banana, melted chocolate and powdered sugar.