Cherry coconut stuffed chocolate cups
Makes 9 cups. Store in the freezer.
To make the chocolate
95g cocoa powder
160g coconut oil (melted)
95g maple syrup
¼ tsp sea salt
To make the filling
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup frozen cherries
1 tbsp almond milk
1.5 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp coconut oil, melted
To decorate (optional)
9 raspberries, crumbled
1. Line a muffin pan with 9 muffin or cupcake cases.
2. In a large bowl add in the maple syrup, sea salt, cocoa powder and coconut oil. Whisk until fully combined and smooth.
3. To make the chocolate base, pour around 1 tbsp of the melted chocolate into each of the cases then gently rotate the case or use a small spoon to brush some of the chocolate up the sides of the cases to form a cup shape. Make sure the chocolate is still warm before you do this!
4. Place in the freezer for at least 15 min.
5. Whilst the chocolate is setting in the freezer, make your filling. Into a food processor, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, cherries, almond milk and shredded coconut and pulse until well combined.
6. After 15 minutes, remove the chocolate from the freezer. Place 2 tsp of the cherry mixture into the centre of each chocolate cup and flatten slightly.
7. At this point, if the remaining chocolate has started to set, just reheat it! In each case, spoon 1 tbsp of the rest of the melted chocolate on top of the cherry mixture to cover completely.
8. Decorate with some crumbled raspberries and shredded coconut. Return to the freezer once more to let set for at least 2 hours until firm.
9. Serve straight from the freezer!