Cashew date squares
Makes approximately 8 squares.
100g cashews (or any other nut of your choice)
15g cocoa powder
10g chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
A pinch of sea salt
To top (optional):
10g desiccated coconut
5g goji berries
1. Soak the dates and cashews in a bowl full of hot water for around 15 minutes.
2. When the cashews and dates have softened, transfer them to a food processor.
3. To the food processor, add the sultanas, cocoa powder, linseeds, chia seeds, maple syrup, sea salt, and vanilla. Blend until a thick paste is formed.
4. Using a spoon, transfer then press the thick paste into a 10 x 10 inch baking tin (lined with parchment paper), ensuring that it is evenly spread out.
5. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut and goji berries on top.
6. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set before slicing.